Saturday, June 14, 2008

HOlIDAY WORLD....Company Picnic






Thirty minutes of standing in line for the scrambler at Holiday World, Matt and I were ready to go home. The kids enjoyed the few rides that were ridden in the original portion of Holiday World. I was hot and sweaty & uncomfortable. I was voted as the JOKESTER of the event. At the buffet lunch held by Matt's company, I say ( not in a quiet voice), Who's the Old Dude holding up the buffet line?. Now as an outsider to the company, this guy looked like the normal older man - shorts, dark socks/ shoes, glasses, etc. Matt looked at me and said in a muffled voice, SHUT UP! I still didn't get it. Sometimes, I'm slow to these things. He looked at me and mouthed, he's the one that signs my check. HOLY CRAP! I just said that about the PRESIDENT/OWNER of the company. He was oblivious and I am not sure how many people heard me. Oh well....

Before going to Holiday World, Owen wanted to know if there were any characters there. Ever since our Disney visit when he was 18 mos old, he has hated/feared characters. We discussed the one character - HOLIDOG. Of course in the middle of our lunch, Owen starts crying and freaking out. Before we realize it, Owen is sitting under the table. Matt and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Guess what? Holidog entered the banquet room. Owen was having a true fear/ anxiety attack. Unforunately, the dog walked around the room, saw Owen under the table and waved at Owen. Owen literally freaked out similar to the "cow incident" from his very first character meeting. Of course, the president/owner of the company comes over and consoles Owen and literally "kicks" the dog out of the banquet hall. I guess he really didn't hear me earlier!!

After the very eventful lunch, we rode a few more rides then we headed to the real fun of the day - the Water Park. Everyone had a grand time at the waterslides, wave pool, splash pads, and relaxing oasis. The only thing that could be improved would be if a waitress brought me a margarita!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos. The kids told me about the rides this morning. Nobody mentioned the character and I didn't ask.